What is it?
- Cancer-Rates.info is a powerful online data visualization and exploration service hosted by the Kentucky Cancer Registry (KCR) that provides free public access to population-based cancer incidence and mortality data for central cancer registries
- Registry web sites provide real time access to cancer incidence and mortality data by geography, SEER site groupings, year(s), sex, and race
- Interactive maps display age-adjusted rates and a variety of graphical displays to navigate, explore, and interpret the underlying data.
Available for iOS
Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch devices running iOS 8 and up.
- Interactive maps present age-adjusted rates in color-coded quartiles by county, county groups, urban/rural designation, or other geographical aggregates.
- All new redesign, featuring an enhanced user interface, high-resolution interactive maps, and the ability to compare two datasets.
- View breast cancer rates by early and late stage or molecular subtype.
Cancer-Rates.info is currently providing public access to cancer incidence and mortality data for:
Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Georgia, Hawaii*, Iowa, Kentucky, Massachusetts*, Michigan, Minnesota*, Mississippi, NAACCR (CINA+), New Jersey, New Mexico, Seattle-Puget Sound, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.
* Pending public release
User-Friendly + Intuitive Interface
- Easy to navigate, even for novice web users.
- View counts, crude rates, and age-adjusted rates.
- View trends over time.
- Unstable rates clearly identified and flagged.
- Easily export all content into MS Office documents.
- Quickly compare rates among geographic regions.
Save Time + Money
- Cancer-Rates.info saves registry staff time by providing online answers to the most common questions about cancer incidence and mortality information.
- Provides data relevant to health professionals, epidemiologists, policymakers, researchers, journalists, and the general public.
- No complex software applications to maintain.
- Publish annual report online.
A Complete Package Provided by KCR
- Sophisticated cancer inquiry system with a unique URL for each registry.
- Data hosted on a secure, fast, reliable web server with 24/7 availability.
- Configurable with state specific logos and links, selection criteria, and data suppression thresholds.
- Detailed tracking and analytical data of site utilization provided.
- Costs shared among participants.
- KCR offers annual contracts with no additional fees.